Car shopping...

Posted by Nik On 11:04 PM

About 3 days before I moved back up to Ohio, I totalled my car. It sucked. Badly. And what sucks worse is that I had no cash sitting around to buy a new one. And I've got too much debt already, I don't need to be taking out another loan. So I've been car-less since I moved from Florida.

That was in NOVEMBER. Now, I've had a vehicle to drive. Just not my OWN vehicle to drive. I've been rolling around in a Suburban belonging to my stepdad with 263,000 miles on it for a few months now. And since I've only been working 2 days a week, getting that cash together for a new ride of my own has been a slow process. But I'm there now. I have all the money I plan on spending.

All week long, it's been Craigslist, then Autotrader.com, then driving around to some dealerships, then more Craigslist, etc. I've come across a few possibilities, and I feel like I've driven more different cars this week than the rest of my life combined. So far, I've got nothing. Well, I do have another appointment Sunday AM to look at a Talon TSi, which, I'm really hoping is in good enough condition that I'll try and make this guy an offer.

I hope this one works out. I'm so so so done with bumming rides.

0 comments